While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, March 1, 2013

Using Recipe Cards...

Hello! This is Christel from scrapworm.blogspot.com.

Almost everyone has photos of their children with food. The Cricut cartridge, From the Kitchen, is perfect to highlight those funny and sometimes messy memories.

I chose a picture of my son eating spaghetti. Next, I picked out paper to match the picture. I used October Afternoon's Homemaker collection.

I picked the toaster, spoon and recipe card from the cartridge to be used on the layout. I wanted the recipe card to serve as the main frame for the picture. The recipe cards come in several styles with various tab placement. The toaster and spoon added a little bit of whimsy to the page. I added "sugar" to the spoon for some sparkle.

Finally, for a little more depth I added a pen, flower and Rick-rac.

For my finally project, I used the recipe cards to make an art journal. Here you can see how the tabs are located in the right,center and left positions.

Hope you enjoyed today's crafts using "From the Kitchen". God bless and keep crafting!







8 comments:

  1. What a fun layout -- love the paper you used!! And your art journal is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture of your son! He is too cute. I like the creative use of recipe cards to make an art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your son is just so cute! I really love art journals and your pages are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those papers are gorgeous!!! Great job. Ditto on the cutie patootie kiddo...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea using the recipe card cut. Your layout is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and love what you did with them! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.