While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Masculine Birthday Banner


Hello Everyone! It's Colleen from Col's Creative Corner and I am so happy to be sharing  a banner with you today. I am the "go to" person whenever any one from my friends and family needs a banner. I like having that distinction, I love that feeling I get when I share my paper crafts with others. Today's banner keeps with L.B.'s masculine theme.  My best friend needed a special banner for her nephew who is turning 21 next week. He is in a rock and roll band with her son, so it was easy to decide on a theme for him. I have been thinking about how many carts I have and how I rarely use my older carts, so I challenged myself to use an older cart for this banner. I only used 3 carts on this banner, Blackletter, Indie Art and Cricut Alphabet for the stars.
 

 

I used the two guitars from Indie Art. I really dig the flying V.  I cut 4 of them and did 2 in silver and 2 in gold.
 
 


All the lettering and the pennants are from Blackletter.
 


The skull is also from Indie Art
This really is a great cart for guys!
 

Are you wondering what the design in the picture above is? I bet you are! That is my Cricut Version of their band logo. Her son and nephew love the really heavy stuff. I have finally decided that I am too old for rock and roll, because they call their band Napalm Party and well, I just don't get it. LOL! The cuts are from Indie Art, I colored the flame with copics. 
 
Below are pictures of the banner close up spelling Happy 21st Birthday Brandon!










 




 
 All the papers are from Die Cut With A View. The banner is made with the DCWV Blackboard  Stack. The shadows for the letters are also from the Blackboard Stack. All the guitars, stars and the skull are made with DCWV Glitzy Glitter Stack. Who says you can't use glitter on a guy project? Usually my hubby says that and even he agreed that Glitzy Glitter Papers were cool.

Thank you for stopping by the Cricut FANatics blog today!

Happy Crafting!

 
Designed by: Colleen McCauley using my Gypsy and cut with my Cricut AE2
Cartridges used: Blackletter, Indie Art and Cricut Alphabet
Papers: Die Cut With A View Blackboard and Glitzy Glitter stacks
Other Materials: Ribbon, adhesives


 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I can see why you're the Banner Lady...this is awesome!!! I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You "rocked" this, Colleen. Love the use of the blackboard DCWV stack and all of the fabulous detail! The colors, the glitz, and elements are perfect! Great font and image selection too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is totatlly AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fun that people come to you for banners. I totally know you mean about liking that distinction. I always feel so good when people ask me to make something for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, you are definitely the go-to banner person! I love your banners and this one is no different! This is fantastic-- I love how you made it masculine. That is really hard to do. I didn't realize the shield was on that cart-- so excited to know it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this awesome rocking banner

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWzers Colleen...this banner is fantastic ! Love the theme of it too and the colors and patterns you used were perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great banner! The colors and font you used are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it. i am always looking for guy project ideas since they are more difficult for me to create. thank you for the inspiration. hugs, susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colleen, another home run! Love the banner! You did a great job - wow, all those details. You made me laugh with your comment about "Napalm Party." Sounds cool, but, if it makes you feel better - I don't get it either!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.