While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Southwest Mini

Hello everyone!  Doreen from polkadotpaperprincess, I'm here to show you the front cover of a project that I am working on.  I tried the Craft Room for the first time this week!

My project is a 50th wedding anniversary, mini album, but not your typical one!  It is one for my aunt who loves Aztec/Navajo items.  I was so pleased I happened to try the Cricut Craft Room when I did, as the Southwest cartridge is free to use until the 20th of this month!  It works perfectly for the project I need to make! I will have to scurry to finish the rest of it in the next four days before the cartridge is no longer free!  I will post the remainder of the mini on my blog when it is done. 

The book pages are made from Elegant Edges.  I love this cart for these easy-to-make minis and mats!  The eagle, "Oh happy day" and the border are all made from the Southwest cartridge.  The 50 is made from Gypsy Wanderings.  I ran it through my Zyron and then added glitter.  I took some flowers and the ribbon and sprayed then with my Copics to get better color matches.  I added some bling, lace and a feather to add a little extra kick.  I can only add a bit as my aunt tends to like this more on the plain side.  I have only partially adhered the items on so that she will be able to place her choice of photo on the mat.   

I am so grateful for the opportunity to use this free cartridge to make this album.  If you haven't done  it yet, you should scoot over to the Craft Room and try the Southwest cartridge for free while it lasts!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very southwestern looking....It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique album! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful project! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aunt will love the mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice. Wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a toughtful gift for your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect gift and from the heart makes it that much more special!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.