While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Mousetrap Easle and Mousetrap Box

Welcome and a big hello to all of our Fabulous Crafty Cricut FANatics.  It's Melody, your designer for the day, and I can hardly wait to share my project with you.

A little teaser hint first.  You can share this with the kids.

QUESTION: What animal needs a daily dose of oil???

ANSWER:   A MOUSE because it SQUEAKS!!!

Now, can you guess what today's craft entails?   Why mousetraps of course.  I did share some traps with you before .  You can search by putting Designer Melody in the search box if you missed it.  They were used to hold a note, or as an embellishment for an altered project.

MOUSETRAP EASLE:

I made an easle from a mousetrap to show off my lovely St. Patrick's Tag I received from a partner swapper.

 
 
 

I covered the trap with designer paper, but did not glue it, as I can then change it for the different cards I am displaying.  It is just a strip that goes all around the trap and the metal holds it.  I made a stand with a rolled up paper strip with half of a wooden clothespin (tucked and glued inside) and a strip of fabric to make it sturdy.



I added a little metal clip to hold the ribbon and further the sturdiness of the stand.


 
The mousetrap snapper acts just like a mini clipboard, a great
substitute when you have a small space but want to display your special treasure.
 

MOUSETRAP BOX:


I took 5 traps, and completely stripped all but one. I just left the " snapper " on it. 
One trap was sawed in half for the top and bottom.

Please don't be afraid of these.  Simple jewelry tools will remove the hardware. It is like working with a clipboard, how many of you have ever hurt yourself on one of these.

Add designer paper or just paint and distress, you can even leave the wood finish and stain it.

I made a layered paper flower and attached it to a Tim Holtz chain. I went through my stash and and went a little wild with my glue gun and all of the embellies.



Think of all the different styles and themes you could use, to make a unique little box, that is one of a kind, the only one like it in the whole world. 

I just used a hot glue gun to glue the sides , and bottom, and made a fabric hinge with a strip of fabric.

I am not done with this rodent craft concept yet.  On to bigger and better, I am going to make a box with RAT TRAPS.  But that is for another blog.  Hope you enjoyed my squeaky project. 

PHOTO GALLERY;





 
 
 
 
 
 
o
 
I used my Cuttlebug and Provocraft flower dies to make the fleur embellie out of  cardstock.
 
HAPPY MOUSETRAPPING EVERYONE
 
Joyful Crafting  Always,
Melody  :) 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. oh my goodness ! this is so super clever Melody. I am always astounded by what you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo creative!!! These projects are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I recognize that St. Paddy's Day tag LOL! Very cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, thank you so much for showing some love. I am so happy you enjoy my projects. I think you have astounded me by creating the CricutFANatics Blog and inviting me to be a Designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Freda. SOOOooooooo happy to see you here. Imagine what an easle and an altered box would look like with RAT TRAPS!!! I hope you try these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy!!! Isn't that the best tag you ever saw??
    I think you will agree with me that it took a very uniquely talented Crafter-Artisan to create it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy!!! Wouldn't you agree that this is just the most delightful St. Paddy's Tag you ever saw??? I think you will agree that the Crafter-Artisan who made this is very talented,unique, and very special. . . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit, I never would have thought to alter mouse traps! What a lovely and creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is cute all around - literally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now THAT is creative! I would never think to alter a mouse trap. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that till now I did not see the allure of mousetraps... but I am a convert! I must give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.