While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Southwest Tissue Box

Hi Everyone! This is Melody from MelodyLaneDesigns.com This is my first post here at Cricut FANatics, I am excited to be a part of such a great group of designers. I will be here as a Guest Designer on the 20th of every month.

For my first project I decided to make a tissue box cover using the free Southwest cartridge in Cricut Craft Room, well it was free for 2 weeks I think today may be the last day. I am also entering this into the contest at Cricut.com

This project took me about 3 hours to create in Cricut Craft Room. I have the cut file here for you to download if you like. You do need to own the Southwest Cricut cartridge to make this, it goes on sale Thursday.

To make the Tissue box cover you can download the cut file and just make the box using the free cartridge in CCR. With this box I did use the Southwest cartridge to create the opening at the top of the box. If you would like to just create the box with out the Southwest cartridge I have another cut file here that is free and no cart is needed.
You will need to score the base pieces at 1/2" and 5". For the lid score at 1" on every side. Cut 1" up on the score line on the right til you touch the other score line, turn and do to every side.

Here is how the layers are placed. As you can see I made one layer say Get Well to give this as a Get Well gift instead of a card with a box of tissue.

I cut out the Southwest designs I wanted and adhered to the side of box before I put box together. I put the designs together in the 1st video below.

Next step is to put adhesive on the 1/2" tab you see on the left of both pieces and adhere pieces together to create a box. I show more details of this in the Southwest Tissue Box Part 2 video below. Below are pictures of each side of the box.







 I made 2 videos, this first one shows just putting together the southwest designs.

This video shows the box being put together with the southwest images being put into place.
Thank You all for joining me today, I am looking forward to creating more for you in the future. I hope you will visit my Blog and Like my Facebook page and follow me on Pinterest and subscribe to my Youtube Channel.

Designed By: Melody Lane
Cricut Machine Used:  Cricut Expression 2, Cricut Craft Room
Cricut Cartridge Used:Southwest and Craft Room Basics
Other Supplies Used:Cardstock, adhesive and box of tissues.

12 comments:

  1. Very NICE!!! What a great project/gift...thanks for sharing the video's, they will be really helpful in re-creating this item....

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Melody! I think I need to make one now with your cut file. You really are creative and I love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to give as a get well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors on this box. i did nto get a chance to use those filesbut may think about getting this one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tissue box cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just 2 darn cute!! love the colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! My husband loves all things Southwest and I could do a version of this for his office area. Thank for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your project is so awesome. i love the colors, the images, just everything. i just ordered this cart, inspired by your project. hugs, susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for all the Great Comments!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.