While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sketch Challenge #5

Welcome to our Sketch Challenge.  
This is Amy from Amy's Digi Scraps and welcome to the another Sketch Challenge! On the 20th of each month, I will post a sketch for you to enjoy!  I generally post a card sketch with a card that I create, but you can make it a layout as well.  Please visit the Sketch Challenge link for more information about our monthly Sketch Challenges.

Here is the sketch for today:



And here is the card I created from the Sketch:



This sketch allows the design focal point, the flower, to not be overly competitive with the sentiment.  I used a paper stack from atd called "Urban Oasis" for all the paper except the card base, which was basic ivory card stock.  The flower is from Prima and the button is SEI.  I used a sentiment stamp from Close To My Heart and covered the sentiment and the flower petals using Icicle Stickles by Ranger. 
Unfortunately, my trimmer won't cut straight lines anymore, so I will have to look for a new one.  That turned out to be a good thing though since you have to use your Cricut for the sketch challenge.  I quickly laid this out using my Gypsy and George cartridge and cut each of the blocks and the two strips using my Cricut Mini machine.  Seems like overkill, but when your trimmer gets warped and you need blocks, what's a girl to do?






We would love to see what you can do with this Sketch.  Please create a card or layout and upload the image to this post in the InLinkz!  Remember that you must use your Cricut in creating your project for the Sketch Challenge.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sketch Amy, can't wait to see what is created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sketch! Got my brain going

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.