While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Easter Chick with Sweet Tooth Boxes

 Hi there, it's Maria again with my monthly post. Don't you love it when you get an idea in your head and the finished product actually comes out just as you imagined? Well, it doesn't happen to me very often, believe me, but today I am so thrilled to share with you one project that did. I think it may even be better than  I hoped! I was looking for a cute way to make a box to put some candy in for Easter. There have been some really creative things done with the ice cream cone on the Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge and  I decided to try it. For the my project I used cuts <ConeLy1> which is the egg and <ConeLy2>, the chick. I cut them at 10"
The chick's comb and eyes are from the County Fair cartridge. His beak is a diamond cut from George and Basic Shapes. I scored and folded it just either side of the center so I would have a flat surface to glue to his face. His wings are paisley cuts using the shadow feature from the Paisley cartridge.
I decorated the shell by weaving three pieces of baker's twine through a piece of lace ribbon then gluing it around. I then added a button with a piece of hemp twine.
Hope you like my little Easter chick as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by today!
Maria

Cartridges used: Sweet Tooth Boxes, George and Basic Shapes, County Fair, Paisley
Machines used: Cricut Expression, Gyspy
Printed paper from The Paper Studio, White paper from Colorbok

21 comments:

  1. This is SUPER adorable! Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite box from that cartridge! I love how you altered it. The face is so adorable! Super cute treat holder! TFS!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cutie patootie!!! I love the things that can be made with these boxes....Greast job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling! What a great idea and I am so glad it turned out just as you imagined!

    Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just darling! What a great idea and I am so glad it turned out just as you imagined!

    Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project I love it.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, that is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chick is just adorable!! I would be totally be doing a happy dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too stinkin cute... I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable!!! I am in love with this little guy! You have a fabulous idea indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable, I may scrap lift this.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I can't get over how stinking cute this is. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable. I knew there was a reason I was wanting this cartridge. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, that is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this little chickie. It makes me SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! I love how he is "popping out of the egg".

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.