While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

St. Patrick's Day parade layout

Hello!  This is Michele Green from www.michelegreen.com, here to share a layout with you today.  St. Patrick's Day is a huge celebration in my town, complete with the state's largest parade.  It's an event to behold!


Something I challenged myself to do with this layout was to create it without looking at my photos first.  I am always impressed by people who can do this.  It turned out well but truthfully, I was there so I knew in the back of my mind what pictures I had in my stash...

Now for a dew details:

The horseshoe is from Everyday Pop Ups @ 3".  The mini shamrock circle on the other side of the layout is from Designer's Calendar @ 1.25".  I hand cut the flag.  I inked anything that was a solid color with a light green cat's eye stamper.

Here is what the layout looked like after I added my photos.  The thing about used patterned papers as mats is that when you put your photos in, all that gets covered up!

My tip for today - If you are going to blog about or recreate your project again later, keep notes as you go along about the materials you are using.  Here is my "note sheet" for this layout:

I hope you enjoyed my layout today and be sure to come back and visit this blog often!


Cricut Info & Supplies Used:
Designed By: Michele Green
Cricut Machine Used: Cricut Expression
Cricut Cartridges Used: Everyday Pop Ups, Designer's Calendar
Other Supplies Used: Cardstock, Studio G stamps, Staz On green ink, twine, Reminisce March paper 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I figure I hop on over here to see what you have going on. What an adorable layout. I love the ears on the top photo. She's just to cute.
    Take Care, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different greens and fun. Thanks for showing it with and with out photos. great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele this is fabulous! I love the idea of a note sheet, too! TFS
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute...looks like a fun day to scrap about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout and I love your note sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, I loved how your scrapbook layout came together. That is really nice! I do the exact same thing - take notes as I craft. That is an excellent suggestion!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect layout! I'm off to look for that horseshoe!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.