While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Break and "Fancy Nancy's" Tea Party!

Hello! This is Chris from www.scrappin-nanapuddin.blogspot.com. I can't believe Spring Break is gone and it's Easter already!! We are a little chilly right now, only in the upper 60's, but 70's are coming back tomorrow and hopefully Easter!! Gotta be nice for the Easter Egg hunt!! So I have an Easter Card and a layout for you today!



Our awesome library has programs for the children during spring break and summer reading program. This year during spring break they had a "Fancy Nancy's Tea Party" and it was awesome! They had a professional ballerina come in and teach the girls some ballet steps for about 20 minutes and the girls were "Ecstatic"!!! to say the least! One of Fancy Nancy's favorite words I'm told. I never read the books, did you? But my granddaughter will be reading them now!! These are the first 2 pages my DGD and I worked on this weekend. And my DGD being the wonderful drama queen she is, and thats DRAMA with a capital D!, said "Nana, I can feel it!" and she had been complaining about a sore ankle from a fall at school so I asked it her ankle hurt. She places hands on chest and says "No, I can feel the love in those pages"! OMG! I about fell out of my chair! 

The pages are 8x8 and they are from a scrapbook I bought years ago on clearance because the pages were already decorated and I was just started to get into scrapbooking. Now they are perfect for this occasion. The title and the Ecstatic card were from the party. The top pic title as well as the teaparty die cut and tea set was cut using my own font and an SVG with an older version of SCAL. The white doily mat was cut using one of the new WRMK mini 8 and matching border punch.The tea set looked kinda plain even though it was cut using DCWV shimmer paper. So I "stickled" them! The tea cup border was cut using Wall Decor at 1". The Tea party invite and balloons and princess was cut using "Best Friends" Imagine cart.

The Easter card is an A2 size card cut using CTMH Art Philosophy cart. The cross is from "Wedding" and they were embossed using Swiss Dots and a new AG Pirouette folder. Butterflies were cut using DCWV glitter paper and MS punch. And was glimmer misted with Dazzling Diamonds, of course!

Hope you enjoyed both! Happy Easter! Visit my blog and tell me what you think! I'd love to hear your comments! 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun little party....great job on the layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so fun! Love the party idea and your layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter card is lovely! The layout is so fun, love all the different elements you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great 'grandmother' story! Thank you for sharing your heart and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun tea party layout and lovely Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is beautiful and your layout is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your tea party LO! My daughter went to a FN tea party when she was about three and you reminded me I have never done anything with those pics! I might have to borrow your ideas!

    Perfect card too!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.