While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, March 8, 2013

Musical Birthday Card

Hi fellow fanatics!  This is Erika from http://www.EKittyScraps.blogspot.com.  I am glad to be able to share my new project with you today.  I designed this card for my stepdaughter Kim using the Quarter Note cartridge.  Kim is a music major in college so I wanted to make a musical themed birthday card.
I started with a kraft cardstock for the card at 5 x 7 inches.  I add a piece of black cardstock at 4.75 x 6.75 inches and attached to kraft cardstock.  I cut Bazzill Basics Antique Sheet Music paper to 4.50 x 6.50 inches and adhered to black cardstock.  I added a silver treble clef embellishment that I had in my stash.

Next I stamped a birthday cake from Inkadinkaclings birthday stamp.  I wet embossed the stamp with Ranger Inkssentials tinted embossing ink and used Stampendous Marcasite Opaque embossing powder which has a nice glittery black color.  I used my Copic markers to color the stamp. 
Hint-an advantage to wet embossing and coloring is that you have raised lines when wet embossing to color in versus just stamping a flat image with regular ink and trying to color inside the lines.

  Now I used my Quarter Note cartridge and cut out Happy Birthday in music notes using font 3 and shift font 3 for capital letters B and H at .75 inches.  I also cut out two corner roses at 1 inch and adhered with Scotch quick dry adhesive.  I pop dotted the stamp and added to the card.  The stamped image above does not really show how glittery the cake stamp from the embossing power is nor the nice colors of the copic markers.  I hope you like my card.  Have a nice day and keep crafting!

List of Supplies used:
Cricut Expression Machine
Quarter Note Cartridge
Cardstock-kraft, pink, red and black (Tim Holtz Craft core)
Bazzill Basics Paper-Antique Sheet Music (has french words on it)
Inkadinkaclings-Happy Birthday Cling
Ranger Inkssentials-Emboss It Tinted ink pad
Stampendous-Marcasite Opaque embossing powder
Copic Markers-RV11-Pink,  R29-Lipstick Red, W5-Warm Gray, Y13-Lemon Yellow and YR07-Cadmium Orange
Scotch Quick Dry Glue
Silver Treble Clef embellishment


8 comments:

  1. Very nice, love the music paper background...

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute idea Erika ! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music paper background and the splashes of red. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card! perfect for someone who is a musician or loves music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments everyone and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.