While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, December 28, 2012

Not too soon to plan for next year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and excited to get back to crafting!  Diane here from http://happyscrapperdiane.blogspot.com sharing  a project  and celebrating my birthday with you. This is something you can make for next Christmas.  I am a lover of thrift stores and found this old frame for 50 cents with a terrible picture in it but knew I could do something with it.  I tried painting the frame, but it looked horrible so I thought of using paper and modge podging it.  I am pleased with the results.  I used the digital image from Teresa Collins Christmas Collage and used the negative piece which was probably a little easier thank trying to glue all the positives back in the same order! lol  This was a large 10 x 13 size frame so I made the main cut as large as I could fit in.  Below the pictures are the cartridges and cuts I used.  I was pleased how it turned out and next year will place it on the hutch.

Created by:                 Diane Kielman  http://happyscrapperdiane.blogspot.com
Machines Used:          Gypsy and Cricut Expressions 2
Cartridges:                  Teresa Collins Christmas Collage Digital -art cut at 9.75 inches used negative
                                   Birthday Cake-borders page 56 Christmas 3 sized in gypsy 11.5 x 2.25
                                   Winter Woodland-poinsettia cut at 3 inches
Frame:                        Good Will Find
Pattern Paper:             Hobby Lobby red musical print
Cardstock:                  Bazzill

8 comments:

  1. This looks so great love wall art like this and your turned out just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome project! I absolutely love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!!! I love the way it turned out...definitely on my list of "for next year" projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Diane! I really love repurposing old frames and you hit this one out of the park! Very festive! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this!! And YES! I am excited to get back to crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Thanks for sharing such a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and agree never too early to start for next year. Love the way you used the negative to make this adorable art.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.