While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, December 7, 2012


Happy Holiday's!  It's Anita from Land Locked Island Girl Blog.  This holiday season has snuck up on me this year.  My family just made a major move from Colorado to California, so this Christmas we will be missing a lot of our normal traditions.  I usually start our Christmas cards in August and I take our family holiday picture over Thanksgiving, but we spent the past few months packing and Thanksgiving weekend driving to and moving into our new home in California, so I'm not going to be able to spend as much time on our cards this year.  I figured my Imagine would be a great way to get my cards done quickly.

I chose to use the Imagine Good Old Days cartridge and a concertina fold card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/concertinafoldcard/ .  
 
 
I print and cut the Santa in the plane at 3". 
  
 
In the middle of printing out my papers (I needed 4 different patterns), I got 3 printed and my Imagine died!!! Since I needed to coordinate papers with my Santa embellishment, I was a bit panicked as I went through my own paper stash, so the Candy Cane striped paper you will not find on the cartridge.
  
 
I trimmed the tops of the panels with glitter paper, cut with a Fiskars border punch. I used both the positive and negative parts of the punch. 
 
 
The negative looked like snow to me, so I used it on the bottoms of the front panels and the tops of the back panels.
 
I popped up the Santa/Plane embellishment with foam tape to close the card. And I was done making our holiday cards for 2012.

Thanks for looking at my project today. I wish everyone a wonderful Holiday and a Prosperous New Year!
 
Cricut Info & Other Supplies Used:
Designed By: Anita
Cricut Machines Used: Imagine
Cricut Cartridge(s) Used: Good Old Days
Other Supplies Used: Fiskars border punch, glitter paper

9 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous!! Good luck settling into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. The colors are fabulous together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat card. I may have to try this one. Love the border punch trim you added too. I haven't seen that punch before. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! Lots to see and fun to open! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty and what a great looking card. Love the shape of it. THanks for sharing. Good luck getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great card! SO much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.