Hi Everyone! This is Kim from imlosingitonceandforall again. Hope you all are enjoying your October so far. It's amazing that we are already half way through the month! I was really undecided on what to do for this month's post but decided to go with the Halloween theme since this is the month and all. :o) So without further adieu here it is!
I had a lot of fun creating this and used several of my crafty items that I've either long forgot about or just recently purchased and didn't bother to use yet. Signing up for this blog was one of the best things for me because I really have been using things from my stash. The only thing I had to buy for this was the vellum I could have swore I had some but had no luck in locating it and really wanted the effect it would bring.
It really was super easy. I started out with a $2 unfinished frame that I purchased from Michael's some time back and painted it with an Adirondack Citrus paint dabber. I was a bit impatient for it to dry so I went ahead and used my heat gun to dry it. I actually hoped that it would age it a bit but no luck. No worries though because to get the darkened edges I just swiped my Black Soot distress stain from Tim Holtz all around.
As for the cuts I used a couple cartridges for this. The web was cut twice once in vellum and then again in black cardstock (all of the measurements are from my Gypsy so they are not in normal inch format) and are 4.93 for the width and 4.71 for the height. The bat was from Paper Doll Dress Up in purple cardstock and measured at 5.02 for width and 6.29 for the height. Lastly I cut the Boo! from Mini Monsters in orange cardstock at 3.59 for the width and 4.00 for the height.
After cutting everything out I cut the black spider from the web and glued it to the top of the vellum spider. I then found some mismatched googly eyes and glued those on.
For the bat I really wanted him to have some dimension so I scored his wings and did a little accordion fold. He also needed some googly eyes so I found a couple more and stuck them on. I also outlined the cricut cut lines to give a mouth and define his wings.
Lastly I had the Boo! to deal with. The orange was a bit bright for my taste on this project so I wanted to rough it up a bit. I recently purchased some Faber Castell Gelatos so I snagged the purple one and outlined all of the edges. I then just took my finger and smeared it everywhere to rough it up. I really liked how it turned out.
I then glued all my pieces on but I still felt that it could use something else so I pulled out my Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray and misted the entire project. Unfortunately the picture just won't turn out of the entire frame coated in it but you can see some of it in the other pictures I've posted. This was the first time that I've altered or dolled up a frame and I'm quite pleased. I do wish though that the picture I have in it printed out better but that's our home printer for you! I'll be looking to have one printed at the local store I think LOL
Hope you've enjoyed my project and I look forward to posting again for you next month!
Cricut Info & Supplies Used:
Designed By: Kim
Cricut Machines Used: E2, Gypsy
Cricut Cartridges Used: Paper Trimmings, Paper Doll Dress Up, Mini Monsters
Supplies Used: Purple, Black, and Orange cardstock, vellum. Random googly eyes, wooden frame from Michael's, Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray, Adirondack Citrus Paint Dabber, Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress stain and Fiber Castell dark purple gelato stick.