While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Recipe Card--Witches Brew

Hi,  its Liz from http://lizziesworldofcrafting.blogspot.com/.   I can't believe the month of October has flown by and its almost Halloween!!!!  I have a recipe card to share with you today.  A group of friends and I swap recipes cards with a theme each month.  I am sharing this month's recipe card with you.
The card base is heidi swapp paper for halloween cut 6 x 6.  I covered it with vellum cut 5 1/2 by 5 1/2.  I used the mini monsters cartridge for the cauldron (cut at 3").  Witches brew was cut at 1 1/4 and is from the Happy Hauntings Cartridge.  Here is a close-up:

The lantern is from October 31st..I love the cuts on that cartridge.  It was cut at 4" and then I used yellow stickles to add depth and dimension (and a bit of sparkle).
I hope you have enjoyed my project.  Have a sparkling day!

Liz

Designed by:  Liz Vellali
Cartridges Used:  October 31, Mini Monsters and Happy Hauntings
Machines Used:  Expression 2
Theme:  Halloween
Project Type:  Recipe Card


18 comments:

  1. Love this Liz!! What a great way to make your cuts stand out than by using one of my favorites...vellum!!

    I also love the idea of a recipe swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz what a great card!! I haven't used stickles yet, but I love the look you were able to achieve with it on this project!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I especially love the way the lantern looks...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Liz! I love the lantern, the stickles really add some glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card!! Love the lantern!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Liz!! Your recipe page is fantastic! I love how you made the lantern glow---magical!! The stew recipe sounds fantastic and perfect for a creepy fall evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - especially the lantern! Every time I use stickles, it turns into a hot mess...I'll have to keep practicing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I got all excited it might be from a different swap...lol! Totally cool recipe page, Liz. Would be perfect for that holiday theme cookbook idea we are kicking around. Absolutely too cute...love how it looks like the lantern is glowing. I swear, the last time I cooked, it looked like that green blob too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute. Love the receipe page. Thanks for sharing. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this page, Liz! Such fun and your lantern is wonderful! Are you sure you didn't do this for the other swap? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card. Love the latern with the stickles - it really looks like it's glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun recipe page! Love all the detail!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@myemc.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this recipe page - the black and yellow is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recipe layout. Just the right amount of spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz, this is a great card! I love how your lantern came out with the vellum and glitter! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds Yummy, Love recipe layouts and yours is very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.