While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thrift Store Valentine


I found this wooden tray near the toy section of my local thrift store. The tray had a few magnetic dress-up bear pieces in it. The thrift store clerk gave me the tray because there were so many missing pieces. 
  • I painted the tray a reddish pink color using paint pens and glued various scraps paper from my stash into the try spaces.
  • I used Home Accents for the love sentiment, Gypsy Wanderings with shadows for the hearts. I cut the swans using Splish Splash.
  • I cut one of the swans regularly and flipped the other swan using my gypsy. I folded a piece of cardstock to form a box to "pop" the love sentiment from the frame.
  • I added a sticker to the heart on the top right and hung it from the top of the tray using fishing line. The heart at the top center are white and red foamies. I poured clear melted UTEE into an old bottled cap then sprinkled some melted red embossing powder top of the clear embossing powder.
  • The large heart at the center left is from gypsy wandering cut with matching shadow.
  • The figure at the bottom left is from my dd's Lego set.
  • I added jewels using my I-Rock to the bottom pattern-paper strip.
I think this is one of my favorite projects!!
 

14 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this! Wonderful images and project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, how cool is this!!! First, it is a thrift store 'freebie'...just doesn't get much better! Then you created a work-of-art! You even added the swans! Great project!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the upcycled projects, you did a great job altering it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Love everything that you did. Really great that it's recycled too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those swans at the bottom are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! I love what you did to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome find. I love how you repurposed it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with your thriftstore find! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.