While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Monday, April 8, 2013

Bunny Cards and Tags

Hi Everyone.  This is Erika from http://ekittyscraps.blogspot.com/.  I am so happy to be here today and share my projects with you.  First up is the bunny card-Peter Cottontail and his Easter Basket.


                             Here are the items I added to the card.


 First I cut my Weathered Wood distress cardstock into 4 x 6 sheets.  Next I used my swirls embossing folder and my Cuttlebug.  I added the Weathered Wood swirl paper to my card and then layered with the TH Seasonal Cardstock-Easter. 
 I used my Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge to cut out the grass on Peeled Paint Distress Cardstock and adhered to my card.
I used my rabbit stamp from Stampers Anonymous and heat embossed the image.  I fussy cut out the rabbits and colored with Distress Ink pens.  I added small pieces of cotton balls for the cotton tails and adhered with glossy accents.  I used popdots and added my rabbit to the card.
 I used the easter basket stamp from Studio G (a $1 stamp-love them) and also fussy cut and colored with Distress Ink Pens.I added glossy accents and stickles to the easter basket since they looked kind of flat or dull compared to the embossed  glittery rabbits.  I added popdots to back of the easter baskets and added to my card.  I used Vintage Photo distress Ink to outline each card.
Here are a few of the finished Bunny cards. 


Next up are the tags I created for my Easter bags.  I used both sides of the Reminisce papers.  This paper had light blue polka dots on one side which is the background paper of this tag and the bunny designs on this other side.  It also had the purple bunny and chicks border on it that I used on the bottom of the tags.  I almost missed this cute border because it was only on the backside of the paper.  I used my Artiste cartridge to cut out the names at .75 inches for 5 letter names and at 1 inch for four letter names on blue cardstock. I added a final blue ribbon to each of the guys' tags and outlined with Vintage Photo distress ink.

The girls' tags were also made from another  Easter Reminisce paper which had pink polka dots on one side with a pink and green striped border on the back.  I used the border on the top and bottom of each tag.  I used my Quarter Note Cartridge for the fancy font names.  I cut these at .75 inches for five/six letter names and 1 inch for the three letter name on fuschia cardstock. I added a orange ribbon to match their Easter bag and used Vintage Photo distress ink to outline the tag.  These tags were so easy to make since I only had to cut out the paper and names and adhere with Scotch Quickdry Adhesive.   
 Here are the Easter bags with their bunny paper tags. I purchased these cute bags from Joann's for $3.99 for 8.  Perfect for Easter but with a different paper could be used for any spring time event.
 Thanks for stopping by and have a good month!

Supplies Used:
Cricut Expression Machine
Cuttlebug
Artiste Cartridge
Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge
Quarter Note Cartridge
Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder
Core'dinations Cardmaker Series Pearls-Pearly White cardstock for stamping on
Inkssentails #8 Manilla Tags
Stampers Anonymous-Rabbit from Spring Sprung Collection
Stampendous Marcasite Opaque embossing powder
Studio G Easter basket stamp-2012
Ribbon-blue and orange
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Stash Seasonal -Easter
Tim Holtz Distress Collection Paper-Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint
Reminisce Papers-Bunny Collage
Blue and Fuschia Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pens-various
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo


4 comments:

  1. Your cards and tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! The cards and tags are so bright and happy! Thanks for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! So bright and festive, I'm sure the kiddo's love them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.