While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Tiny Treasures Birthday Card


Hello, crafters!  This is Lori from the Singing Shell and today I have for you a child's birthday card.  When I looked through the Tiny Treasures booklet, this happy little bird grabbed my attention for some reason.  Maybe because it was so chubby and cuddly with big round eyes :-)

First, I wrapped some chevon pattern washi tape onto a white sheet of paper. Next, I dry embossed the paper  with Baby's Breath embossing folder to give background some texture without taking the focus away from the fun little bird.  I have wrapped the washi first because it would be hard for the washi tape to adhere to the paper otherwise.

I cut my bird  pieces at 2.5 on the Cricut and assembled them.  I added a little white highlight on the eye so it didn't look so flat. 






I inked the edges with a little Tea Dye Distress Ink because it has a peachy undertone for depth.  I also added Glossy Accents onto the round cut out pieces on the tail to help them pop out.  Without the Glossy Accents the little circles might not pop out enough because of the patterns and colors on the bird.




I used pop dots to adhere the bird to the card.


Lastly, I worked with the heart.  I cut out the heart from Fabulous Findings at .75 inches.  I stamped "wish" with Staz-On ink because I knew I wanted to spritz the heart with some Gilmmer Mist. I used two different types of mists.  When it dried, I threaded the baker's twine through the hole, tied it and added a rhinestone.




So there it is!  A birthday card for a baby or a girl!



Designed by: Lori Sjogren
Cricut Cartridges Used: Tiny Treasures, Fabulous Finds
Cricut Machines Used: Cricut Expression
Project type: Birthday Card
Other Materials: Paper - Stampin' Up (pattern), Bazille (olive), Recollections (white & cream).  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Iridescent Gold, Creme de Cocoa.  Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Mega Messages.  Ink Pads - Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Staz-On Timber Brown.Embossing Folder - Provocraft Baby's Breath. Twine, washi tape from my stash.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card. Absolutely love the colors and the printed paper on the bird is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. I love those big round eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    I love this card and I can I say I am a "tiny" bit envious you have this cart? :D
    I think the little bird is perfect for a child's card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this card! Soooo cute! TFS!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute - love the cute birdy. How fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo sweet! Love the bird and paper choice.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.