While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sugar and Spice Shadowbox

Hi! This is Maria from Stamp, Cut, Create!. I'm so happy to be part of this wonderful new adventure! My family was blessed at the end of this summer with a beautiful new grand daughter and my project today is a shadowbox that I made for her nursery.
 I used the Word Collage cartridge for the subway art Sugar and Spice poem and printed it with the Imagine at 9".  All the printed papers for the background were printed with the Imagine Art Berries and Cream cartridge. The colors matched the baby's crib set perfectly. The other elements, the ladybug, dragonfly and flowers, were also inspired by the bedding.


The ladybug is from Walk in My Garden and was cut at 2 1/2" with black and red glitter card stock. The Dragonfly is from Doodle Charms, cut at 1 1/2" with green and pink glitter card stock. The flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet. I used the same flower, cut in different sizes for the layers. The largest flower is        2 1/4" and 2" and the smaller is 2" and 1 3/4". The light pink portion of the larger flower was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The Gypsy was used to lay everything out and to cut from. The buttons in the flower centers are from Stampin Up and I tied a piece of twine through the holes before gluing them to the centers with Glossy Accents. I have found that it works really well for adhering heavier or bulky pieces to the paper. The pearl flourishes are from Want2Scrap and I love the extra feminine touch they add to the piece!
All  the elements were adhered with Scotch foam tape. I used double and triple layers of the foam tape on some of them to give them more dimension. The picture was placed in a shadowbox frame that I purchased at Michael's.
I hope you enjoyed my entry for today's Cricut Fanatics Blog. Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!



Cricut Info & Supplies Used:
Designed By:  Maria
Cricut Machine Used:  Imagine, Expression, Gypsy, Cuttlebug
Cricut Cartridges Used: Imagine Berries and Cream, Word Collage, Mother's Day Bouquet, Walk In My Garden, Doodle Charms
Other Supplies Used:    Scotch Foam Tape, Glossy Accents, Adhesive Pearl Flourishes, buttons, Twine, cardstock, Shadow box frame.

42 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful Maria. What a special addition to the nursery and how great is it that you could match it perfectly to the bedding? Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and sparkly! Love this for a little nursery - the colors, the glitter, the dimension, are just wonderful! Congrats on the new family addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Love it! Congrats on your new grand baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I never though about using my imagine for this cart. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! Such a wonderful job bringing all the elements together! I believe it may be time for me to break out that cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the absolute Sweetest project I have ever seen. I just love the wall art keepsake you created for your new granddaughter...she will treasure it always !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new bundle!!!! What a perfect little idea for her room. It is precious. Love the colors and the details. Great job. (My daugthers room is also lady bugs and dragon fly). Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable and sweet! I love how you used the Imagine to create your background papers. The patterns ate perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOH, its beautiful! Its going to look fabulous in her room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria
    OMG!! Love it, the colors are perfect for a baby girls room. Congrats on the new addition

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Maria - love this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw it turned out so beautifully!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute shadow box. I love the colors and embellishments to your box. I bet it makes her room extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute little project!! You did a beautiful job! Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Remember, you can spoil her as much as you want, because she gets to go back to mom and dad later! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very Pretty! I love shadow boxes and this one turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea!!! I still haven't tried using this cart yet (partly because of the boo-boo that's on it/was on it...whatever), but I hadn't thought to use it in the Imagine! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Adorable project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how this turned out and so need to try one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute idea! Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is precious! Love the little ladybug and dragonfly...and all of the dimensional flowers! The cheery, happy colors are perfect! Beautiful project! Perfect for a nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute! I would totally hang this in my youngest's room!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's beautiful. I love it. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did an awesome job...this is so cute and congrats to you! Thank you for sharing your fantastic project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable! I love the depth the shadow box gives to the project. TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is perfect for a little girl's room! The bright and cheerful colors are sure to make everyone smile! I really love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so adorable. So perfect for a nursery or little girl's room.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! Any little girl would be very lucky to have this hanging in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute! WC is on my wish list and I love how you incorporated the touches to make this so feminine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect for a little girl's room and the red lady bug just adds the finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cute - perfect for a new granddaughter's room. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on your new granddaughter! This is a beautiful nursery gift! Love the colors and glitter and especially the little ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute. Congrats on your new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your shadow box is perfect for a little princess - great color choices...I really like that it's bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. very cute shadow box and congrats on the grandbaby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is so sweet! Congrats on your new granddaughter. What lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is so cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your shadow box is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.