While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Clever Paper Clip Holder

Hi Everyone, This is Stacey (StaceyM) with a back to school idea. I have been a middle school teacher for 20 years and love using my Cricut to make things for my classroom. Today, I embellished a paper mache box to make a paper clip holder. Teachers go through a lot of paper clips.


Lid Directions – I cut the apple with books (Hello Kitty Greetings) at 3.5 inches using red, green, blue and gold paper. I cut the shadow out in black. Next, I cut the oblong burst (Elegant Edges) at 4.5 inches out of the same red as the apple. I used 2-way glue to adhere the apple with books layers and then I used paper Mod Podge to adhere all pieces to the lid. I found ruler ribbon that I adhered to the outside of the lid.


Box Directions - I cut the oblong burst (Elegant Edges) four times at 4.5 inches out of the same blue as the science book. I cut eight paper clips (Locker Talk) out of silver holographic paper at 1 inch. I had some black glitter adhesive paper from DCWV that I used for the letters. I cut the word Paper Clips (Pooh Font Set) out twice at 1 inch. The blue oblong burst was trimmed to fit each side of the box. I used paper Mod Podge to adhere all pieces.


To finish the box, I put an extra coat of the paper Mod Podge over everything. I used a Sharpie black paint marker to write Math, Science, and Reading on the books and I also put stitching on the edges. I glued a piece of magnet paper to the bottom of the box to help the paper clips stay inside.
 

I hope you enjoyed today’s project and have enjoyed reading this blog everyday as much as I have.
 
Cricut Info & Supplies Used:
Designed by : Stacey M
Cricut Machine: Expression
Cricut Cartridges: Hello Kitty Greetings, Locker Talk, Elegant Edges, Pooh Font Set
Other Supplies Used: DCWV Glitter Adhesive Paper, Paper Mache Box, Various Colored Papers, Holographic Paper, Paper Mod Podge, 2-way Glue, Sharpie Black Paint Pen, Ruler Ribbon

24 comments:

  1. Cute! And SO much nicer than the Quill box I use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for a teacher. I love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this looks so adorable on your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I know a lot of elementary school teachers that would love such a cute and practical gift.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea what a perfect way to jazz up a box for supplies. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute box for supplies. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I never think to use my cricut to make wonderful storage boxes like you've created for us! This would be a perfect addition to a teacher's thank you desk set. I love the design you used for the box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever and cute! I'd atatch a few small magnetic strips of tape to lid. Shake the box and when you open it, a few of your paper clips will be ready to grab. I really like how you didn't cover the entire box and let some of it show through along the sides. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a very cute idea. I love the look of the box. It looks way nicer then a plain plastic container.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so cute and I love the idea.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific storage box. Pretty and pratical.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute gift for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful project. Cute box that is functional as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is SUPER CUTE! I'd want one at school if I was a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I have to say that I am a box lover! Lol. This is super cute. Any teacher would happily display her box of paperclips on her desk with such a cute box.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! I love your box with its bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea! Super great for a teacher's gift!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.