While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sketch Challenge #3

Welcome to our Sketch Challenge.  
This is Amy from Amy's Digi Scraps and welcome to the another Sketch Challenge! On the 20th of each month, I will post a sketch for you to enjoy!  I posted a card variation but you can make it a layout as well.  Please visit the Sketch Challenge link for more information about our monthly Sketch Challenges.


Here is Sketch #3 and with the popularity of Twine and String and such, I incorporated it onto this sketch.  Oddly enough, though, I ended up not using Twine on my card - this time.  

Instead of twine, I went with torn paper.  A friend had done a similar card and I really liked it, so this is a fold up card with the torn edge where the twine would have been.  An embossed stamp (I borrowed this from a cropping friend so I do not know the name or company) with layered matting (done with my cricut so that I would have the exact sizing I needed), a little bit of chalk along the torn edges, and two eyelets at the bottom - this card is ready!


But!  To add a little more oomph, I used watercolor pencils and water brushes and colored the embossed stamp.
Just lovely.
And here it is in another color:



We would love to see what you can do with this Sketch.  Please create a card or layout and upload the image to this post in the InLinkz!  Remember that you must use your Cricut in creating your project for the Sketch Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Amy. Hope all is well with you and family. Your card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.