While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Frying Tom Thanksgiving layout

Layout before adding journaling and photos

Turkey - 3" Create a Critter 2


 Hi this is Terri from http://scrappinwiththebug.blogspot.com/ this month for my project I am sharing a layout I made reflective of this past Thanksgiving. Hoping everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I know I did.
The past few years the tradition has been to get a Turkey and fry him. This year was no different. My family all crammed into my brother's apartment for Turkey Day. My husband was in charge of frying the bird. I will say - for those who have never had a fried turkey it is so super yummy. We use an electric fryer and it works wonderfully.
I must admit in the past 8 years of frying the turkey I have never taken photos. So this year I knew instantly that I wanted to make a series of photos showing what steps go into making the this wonderful bird.

I used the paper from DCWV -- Citrus stack and also Fall harvest stack (for the solid paper).

Cartridges used:
Create a Critter 2 - Turkey cut at 3"
Arts Philosophy - Square 4 cut at 4"
Arts Philosophy - Banner  1" each
Billionaire - Welded the words Frying Tom cut at 1"
Billionaire - 2012 - cut .80"

I used a Martha Stewart punch for the accent red and also used a square punch to cut  date tag at the bottom.

The orange rhinestones are from Queen & Co.
Hemp Twine - from Michael's


Designed By:  Terri S.

Cricut Machine Used: Expression, gypsy

Cricut Cartridges Used:  Arts Philosophy, Billionaire, Create a Critter 2,

Other Supplies Used: DCWV paper Citrus and Fall Harvest paper stacks, ATG adhesive, Queen & Co - rhinestones, hemp twine

9 comments:

  1. cute layout! i have not had fried turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun layout! I have never fried a turkey, but if I lived through it (LOL), I would definitely scrap it!

    The banner makes it especially festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a fried turkey, and you are right it is Yummy!!! Great layout, such a fun way to capture memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried turkey is soooo good! I love the layout. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layout. I've never had fried turkey either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this layout!! Your Tom is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout. You had me giggling with your title. I don't think I've ever had a fried turkey, but it sounds yuumy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Fits perfectly for the frying of the turkey! I have had deep fried turkey and it is good, but I always go back to roasting it for our family for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.