While we are no longer making active post of Cricut projects on this blog as of 8/1/2013, we invite you to use it for continued die cut inspiration as we will leave the blog up for viewing. Happy Cricuting !

Monday, May 20, 2013

Flower Bouquet


Hi Everyone! It's Melody Lane here from www.MelodyLaneDesigns.com I wanted to share my first bouquet of flowers with you. I made these for my mom for Mother's Day.

 I made the Poppy flower from the Cricut cartridge Giant flowers. It is fairly easy to make, I did a video on making all the flowers and decorating the vase. But I had not had a chance to edit it yet. They will be in separate videos.

The Poppy flowers was cut at just over 3" and I ran the petals through a crimper and inked the edges. I put the petals together secured them with hot glue. I then turned the flower upside down and put a 16 gauge wire in the center and lots of hot glue.I also cut leaves out from the same cartridge and folded them in half and put through the crimper.  I added a little hot glue to center of the leaves and added 22 gauge green wire and folded the leaf just to cover the wire. I wrapped the wire with the leaf, to the wire I attached to the flower, and then wrapped it all in floral tape.


The daisies are made from the Flower Shoppe cartridge I do not know the size, I did many sizes. I ill also have a video on just the daisy. I curled back the petals and added a little color to them with an ink pad. I did not add leaves to the daisies. 


I made carnations with 3 sizes of Fiskers scallop circle punches and tissue paper. I used the large, x large and 3x large punches. It was a little difficult to cut the tissue paper with the punches, its best if you fold and make as many layers at once that you can fit into the punch. I used about 6 layers of each size and attached to a floral stem I bought in the floral section of any craft store. I staked the tissue paper layers smallest on top and one at a time I crinkled them up and then put hot glue underneath the flower at the base and then spread the paper out until it looked like a carnation. At least as much like I remember because I do not remember the last time I was sent flowers. lol.



Here is a video just showing the bouquet.


FYI Never through out tissue paper, you can reuse it. If you want it smooth and nice again to put in a gift bag you can iron it on a low temp. I get mine from the Dollar Tree comes in many colors. Same place I bought the vase, I just painted it and added bling.




 Cricut Info & Supplies Used 
Designer: Melody Lane
Machines Used: Cricut Expression 2 
Cartridges Used: Giant Flowers, Flower Shoppe
Other Supplies: 22 gauge wire, 16 gauge wire, hot glue gun, crimper, floral tape, card stock, tissue paper and scallop circle punch for carnations

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful bouquet...I'm sure your mom loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! That cart is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bouquet. I love the Poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this cartridge now. I'm just fearful of making the flowers this large. Love the flowers and I'm sure your mom love them too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a kind word for our Cricut FANatic Designers to let them know you stopped by and appreciate their work.